Do you wake yourself up snoring? Does your sleep partner wake you up snoring? It may be time to consider the benefits of a chin strap to stop snoring. A snoring chin strap or jaw supporter keeps the lower jaw in an upward position and increases the three-dimensional space in the airway. With more space in the back of the throat, the soft tissue has more room and will vibrate less. Also the wider airway allows the inhalation to be slower which also helps limit the vibrations of the soft tissue in the back of the throat.
The top 5 benefits of a snoring chin strap to stop snoring are:
1. The strap was designed to not interfere with talking. Unlike the devices that you put in your mouth, the snoring chin strap is worn completely externally and does not interfere with nighttime conversations. You can answer the telephone and also talk with your sleeping mate.
2. The strap has openings for your ears to be comfortable and not interfere with hearing. The two openings on the sides of the jaw supporter give ample room fro all size and placement of ears so you can listen to your iPod, radio, or TV until you fall asleep. It will not rub your ears in either a side or back sleeping position.radio strap
3. It provides ample room for your mouth to be free for drinking. Although it is a good idea to not drink too much before bedtime, some people with sleeping disorders often feel the need for a drink during the night. The chin strap will not interfere with taking medicine or quenching your thirst. The chin strap rests on the chin just below the lips.
4. The snoring jaw supporter does allow you to breathe through your mouth if you use a continuous positive airway pressure device or if you need to partially breathe through your nose and mouth. People with nasal blockages may be faced with the situation of breathing through the mouth as their only option. The chin strap can be positioned to push the jaw forward while leaving the mouth partially open.
5. The stop snoring strap and your continuous positive airway pressure device may be very compatible, however only your doctor should make this decision. If you are a continuous positive airway pressure device user, please do not use the jaw supporter without your doctor’s permission. You may be required to change device models, change air pressure, or change mouthpieces. Also your doctor may recommend that you not use the chin strap.